Saturday 2 July 2011

Heather and the Bug or Going from Verse to Worse

A get well soon message for Heather Wastie.........


Heather:
Get off! get off! stop gripping me,
 You awful bug just let me be.
I’ve got a lot of work to do;
Can’t even speak because of you.

Bug:
But Heather I just want to know
How to make my poems flow
I can think of all the rhymes
but can’t make them scan at all at any times.

Heather:
So that’s why you been hanging round
Stopping me from feeling sound
I’m telling you this has to stop
I won’t give you a free work-shop.

Bug:
I’m not sure that you made that scan
I don’t think this is going to plan
Perhaps instead of making mine right
I’ve on your poems put a blight

Heather:
Oh no! My poetry’s gone to pot
because of this terrible bug wot I’ve got
My scansion’s gone all over the place
And my rhyming isn’t any good either

Bug:
Well this is pointless isn’t it
You can’t teach me if you’re not fit
I need to do what’s best for me.......

I’ll try infecting Emma P




No comments:

Post a Comment