Sunday 16 September 2012

58



Written on the day Moto GP rider Marco Simoncelli was killed on the racetrack at Sepang in October 2011 and published online by Poetry 24, I posted it here recently then deleted it to ensure that two related posts sat together.  I'm glad I did, as today's Moto GP from the recently renamed  Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli is a perfect excuse for reposting:




Marco, 

you were beautiful, graced
the race track with 
your slender, leathered
figure, the interviews with
your shyly smiling face, 
your hair a scribbled
signature
to tell the world you
wanted to stand out,
and so you did.

Outstanding for
the life in you, the
drive and verve and
energy as every 
nerve and sinew relished
every single minute
of your
too short
existence.

Goodbye.
I never met you, yet
I’ll miss you.

God bless you.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment